Monday 8 November 2010

Started grinding the first batch of 100% organic chocolate. It smells quite nice. Very fruity. The Conacado beans have quite a bit of natural cocoa butter in them so I didn't need to compensate with as much added cocoa butter. When I add sugar it increases the mass component of the cocoa mass/cocoa butter ratio. I only added 7% compared to 20%. That said, the flavor is not diluted. You get a high intense chocolate flavor balanced with the right amount of (organic /evaporated)sugar. I will get this bean again. The sugar is amazing too. It's from Fla. so fair trade is not an issue. It's evaporated cane juice. Fruity, vanilla something else I can't recognise.
Business progress. Had an issue with the meaning of the company name. It's not in English. Ha! Maybe next time I'll push #2 for Espanol. That is now being expedited, and I should have the LLC paperwork in 1 week. That's needed to open a merchants account so the shopping cart on the website can use credit cards.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment