Tuesday 22 December 2009


Hello!

I've been making chocolate for 3 years and plan to start my own business so if you have intentions or are just interested in starting your own business you can follow along and learn from my mistakes as well as successes.

The name I've chosen "de la haba" means from the bean. I buy bean from areas 20' N and S of the equator. Each area has a ever changing profile of flavors. I like to compare it with the wine industry. My latest beans are Peruvian. I roasted them lightly. They have a nice classic chocolate flavor, low acrids compared to Madagascar beans. I'll be grinding beans from New Guinea after the holiday's.

Here are a few products that I have made recently.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Brenda
    The ones I just made are even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've hitched onto your blog wagon. Looking forward to revelations on the complexity of chocolate and the processes by which one transforms raw ingredients into irresistible confections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to catch up on all the posts...just found them and started reading them... the pictures sure do make you want to take a bite!!!

    ReplyDelete