Thursday 31 December 2009

ganache

I had a request for wedding favors for a spring wedding. Guess I better get an approved kitchen soon!
I was asked to do something using ginger so this morning I worked on a recipe.
I started with making a caramelized base by heating sugar to the point where it just starts to smoke. Add fresh ginger to the hot sugar and enough hot water to keep it fluid when it cooled. It was about 1 TBL. Warmed up some cream (5 oz.) added caramelized ginger (6 oz.) and mix. Cool to 115' F. and start adding the white chocolate (7 oz.) that I also made a few weeks ago. Stir until smooth except for small lumps of ginger. Transfer to a square frame lined with plastic wrap and cover. When it is set then I and others will start testing it with dark, milk and white chocolate to see which one works best.

1 comment: