Sunday 11 April 2010

New chocolate


This past week I've processed some new chocolate. I'm almost ready for my first tasting using my own chocolate. The first was Papua New Guinea. It has a citrus start and then a smokey hint to it. Another from Panama. I really like this one. It has the classic hot chocolate taste to it. Very nice. I just finished molding the Ghana. I roasted that slightly longer. That has nice roasted/caramel flavors and a bit bolder than the Panama. It comes from a Co-op. The last is Ivory Coast. Fair trade. That's currently in the grinder and should be finished tomorrow morning. I used the exact same recipe for each bean. It's 70% which translates to the weight of the roasted and shelled nibs, add 20% cocoa butter, to this total I add 30% sugar.
In the picture is some coconut treats. Ellen calls them coconuggets. I made some of them with a roasted macadamia nut in the center of the coconut. Then a dip in the chocolate. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment